With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, knowing more about the exemption to travel to Australia has become a major concern for thousands of us. Where the state government has put individuals in place with all those strict international measures, the situation has worsened for many out there. However, international visitors, non-citizens, and other temporary visa holders can still leave the country whenever required. With the same, the Government of Australia has still imposed a series of restrictions for them.
For that reason, temporary residents do not need to apply for an exemption to leave Australia as directed by the Commissioner of Australian Border Force. This is only applicable if there are no border restrictions in their home country and while the flights are available in that period.
If you are not familiar with all the latest Australian travel exemptions, then there are certain cases where one doesn’t need to apply for them. We have listed them below; take a look.
- If you have been an ordinary resident in another country for more than a year.
- If you are a New Zealand resident holding a Subclass 444 visa.
- If you are associated with the essential services workforce at any of the Australian offshore facilities.
- If you work at a maritime, airline, or safety crew.
- If you have a detailed travel itinerary for official Government purposes.
- If you are engaged in the conduct of outbound freight daily.
Suppose you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident and want to obtain a travel exemption in Australia from the travel commissioner of ABF. In that case, the below-mentioned are the categories you need to be in. Check them out.
- If you have any itinerary to conduct business.
- If you need to undergo any emergency medical treatment that is naturally not available in Australia.
- If you have the job to serve the national interest.
- If you got a job to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- If you have travel plans for more than three months.
- If you want to visit for meetings related to humanitarian or compassionate grounds.
Lastly, you need to be aware that if you wish to apply for an exemption to travel to Australia or even leave the country in specific circumstances, you need to do it at least two to three weeks before the deadline. Bear in mind that the exemption should not be applied three months prior to the planned trip. While leaving for the airport, you must carry the exemption proof of documentation, as the travel commission may ask you for that.
If you still find the whole exemption scenario quite confusing, you should look for a reliable visa consultation agency known for its timely and thoughtful assistance.