The full form of CCTV is closed-circuit television. CCTV cameras are used to monitor and record videos to have evidence. Today, we can see CCTV cameras everywhere. There has been a significant evolution from old CCTV cameras to the ones we use today. In this article, I’ll share insights into the types and features of CCTV cameras available in Kuwait.
In Kuwait, security cameras are used for various purposes, such as detecting internal workplace theft and preventing burglaries and robberies. It also helps collect evidence, prevent workplace violence, ensure customer satisfaction within companies or retail shops, protect against fake liability lawsuits, and eliminate sexual harassment. The CCTV price in Kuwait usually ranges between KWD 14.78 and KWD 43.25.
Types of CCTV Cameras in Kuwait
There are three main types of CCTV cameras, which should allow you to select the right camera per your needs. Below, I have listed the main CCTV cameras available in Kuwait.
- Turret Dome Camera: Turret Dome used to be known as an eyeball dome. There are different variations of turret dome cameras, such as 15 mtr Infrared(IR) camera, 30 mtr IR camera, and 30 mtr vari-focal lens camera. In turret dome cameras, the dome might come with mounting brackets, which help capture the down angle.
- Vandal Dome Camera: Vandal Dome comes with similar styles as the turret dome camera, There are 15 mtr Infrared(IR) cameras, 30 mtr IR cameras, and 30 mtr vari-focal lens vandal dome cameras.
- Bullet Cameras: Bullet cameras are similar to turret dome cameras with similar styles. It is the original type of CCTV camera mainly used in houses and commercial environments.
There might be different bodies and styles of security cameras, but these are the 3 main types of security cameras available in Kuwait.
Features of Best Security Camera System
Buying a new CCTV camera can be tricky as there are multiple options with various styles. Here, I have listed the basic features you must look at when buying a security camera in Kuwait.
- Firstly check for the DVR (Digital Video Recorder), and NVR (Network Video Recorder) embedded security cameras. This helps in continuous monitoring of the premises via mobile phone.
- The second thing to check is for audio inbuilt features; check if the camera supports coaxial cable. This helps in preventing various thefts within commercial spaces.
- The third is to check for color vu features; this feature helps get clear colored footage of the premises, which helps for various pieces of evidence.
- If you install the camera outside, you must check for the siren/PIR detection feature. If someone enters your premises, it’ll produce a considerable siren that alerts everyone and sends a phone notification.
- The last feature to check is for smart DVR and NVR. This helps in line crossing detection, face recognition, or security breach alert.
These are the 5 features that you must look at when purchasing security cameras in Kuwait.
CCTV cameras play a crucial role in our daily life security. Therefore, choosing the right type of security camera with the right features is essential. This article has helped you get a basic overview of the types and features of CCTV cameras available in Kuwait.