There’s nothing better than having a professionally cleaned vehicle. It doesn’t matter if it’s part of your car’s maintenance , or making your car ready for auction, cleaning your car can be effortless to accomplish at home!
If you follow the right method and tools using the right tools, regularly washing your car will help to protect your vehicle and ensure it looks its top. It can also help stop small damage from being apparent and thereby preserving your car’s value and making your car appear better for longer.
Here are a few of our best ways to wash your vehicle at your home.
1. Cleaning tools are required
It is important to assess how well your vehicle is in good condition vehicle before you clean it. This will assist you decide on the type of cleaning materials you’ll need to wash your car.
Ideally, the cleaning equipment and supplies should contain:
- A hose that has an adjustable nozzle
- A soft sponge or car wash mitt
- Car wash liquid
- Several microfibre cloths
- 1 (or two or) large towels made of microfiber that are suitable to dry.
- Three buckets, one for water that is clean One for dirty water, and the third with a cleaning solution and water specially designed for your wheel.
It is also possible to require:
- A vacuum cleaner designed for the interior
- Rubber gloves
- Wheel cleaner
- Paper towels
- Window cleaner
However, I believe it would be a challenge to determine the answer, so utilize the best car wash kit where you’ll find all these tools in one box, and you might find it easier for you to do it. Before you apply any product to your vehicle, make sure to know what’s included in the product you intend to apply. Some car cleaners are designed for all-purpose use and could cause damage to paint, coating, or other surfaces.
A vehicle that’s older might require an effective cleaning routine using claysand waxes as well as polishes to safeguard the paint, whereas a more recent vehicle may have a sturdy clear coat that’s not damaged. Car cleaners are created to keep any dislodged dirt or grime from scratching the paint of your vehicle; and also, they are soft enough to ensure they won’t strip the coat of paint.
#2: Where can you clean your vehicle
Although it might be tempting to clean your car during the warm and sunny days but this is actually a frequent error.
It is widely accepted by professionals who detail your cars that you shouldn’t clean your car in the direct light of the sun. Soap, water and other cleaning products can dry quickly in sunlight which can cause swirl marks and spots on your windows and paintwork.
Instead, you can take the time to wash your vehicle on an overcast day on a cool surface , with the help of a spray bottle. It is also advisable to park your car in a place that is level so that there is ample space to open the doors.
#3: Clean the wheels
The first step is to begin by cleaning the dirtiest parts of your vehicle that is typically the wheels. Clean your tyres in a separate manner using fresh buckets of water in order to prevent spreading dirt and grime on the car’s paintwork.
Make sure you have a tyre cleaner and a microfiber cloth an additional sponge and a tyre-specific cleaning solution prior to washing your wheels.
Non-corrosive, water-based wheel cleaners are suitable for all kinds of car wheels. They are the safest option for cleaning products for tyres. Then, you can paint your wheels with your preferred cleaning product. Let the solution rest and then clean the dirt off your tyres by using a brush.
Then, spray your wheels with clean, cold water to wash away the cleaner off the wheels. After cleaning the wheels, be sure to dry them using a clean microfibre towel.
#4: Clean the headlights
Don’t forget to clean your headlights as well. The plastic headlights that are stained by sun will begin to yellow as they age which makes them less effective when driving, and affecting the appearance of a perfectly well-maintained car.
To clean your headlights , you can wash them down using the aid of a cleaner and then wipe them with a damp cloth after you’ve done. Apply a protective coating to revive your headlights following washing.
#5: Clean the exterior
Cleaning the exterior of your vehicle will aid in removing any dirt, dust or mud. This can help keep any scratches from happening to the paint on your vehicle.
Clean each part of the vehicle (moving from the top to the bottom) to get rid of large pieces of dirt. Make sure to make use of soapy water from a clean bucket to clean the body of the vehicle! If you want to wash the soapy water, it’s recommended that you use a water hose that does not have the spray nozzle. With a low pressure this kind of hose allows the water to flow easily across the entire top the car to the bottom (this is known as the sheeting technique).
Dry off your vehicle using a large microfiber cloth or chamois before going on to the next step. Be aware that your vehicle must be completely dry prior to applying any protective coatings or waxes.
#6: Clean the glass and windows
Cleaning the windows and glass inside your vehicle will not only give your car an attractive exterior, but will it will also allow you to safely drive without having to look into the window.
It’s vital to know that tinted and standard glass must be cleaned in various methods. You should utilize window cleaners designed for use on car windows, not products such as Windex which could be rough on the car’s exterior surface.
If you’re cleaning your windows, it’s recommended to spray the cleaner directly on the surface and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth to prevent the spray from drips. Repeat this procedure for the interior of your car as well. You should avoid parking in the sunlight while cleaning your windshields and windows to ensure that the cleaner does not evaporate and leave an unpleasant smudge or residue.
#7: Clean the inside
We’ve all heard about how difficult it can be to keep the interior of a car spotless when you have kids or pets, the task of cleaning the inside of your car may get overlooked.
Here are some tips you can take to wash your car’s interior
- Get rid of all garbage out of the vehicle (this covers on the mats, the floor and under the seat).
- Remove your floor mats of your vehicle and shake them to eliminate dust or dirt. You can clean them using hot water and soap, and let them air dry completely prior to installing them.
- Vacuum the back and front seats as well as the floor, beneath the pedals and on the side doors.
- Clean up dust, dirt and grime using microfiber cloths or cleaning wipes. Spray a tiny amount of car-specific cleaning agent over the steering wheel, console and in between the car seats.
- Clean your cup holders by using clean wipes or a cotton sponge dipped into a cleaning solution.
- Clean the stains off of carpets and seats with special cleaning solutions and then clean it with a damp cloth.
- It’s possible to utilize a paint stirrer, securing it in the final part by a microfibre cloth access those areas that are difficult to reach between the seats as well as around the console.
If you’re a car owner, you’re probably always searching for the most effective auto interior cleaning products for keeping your vehicle tidy and fresh. If the other cleaners can’t take away dust, dirt and grime, this certainly will!
Once your car has been cleaned and washed, the next step is to add polish and protect.
The future steps might comprise:
- Making the surface Make use of clay bars to eliminate suborn spots, as well as any wax that was used.
- Repare scratches Fill smaller scratches and scuffs with an even coat of wax, or apply scratch-specific repair products to repair deep scratches.
- Polishing to add gloss This option is not required and is an excellent alternative for those who want an extra-gloss finish that will transform your car’s paint like the reflection of a mirror.
- Wax to shield Wax provides an extra layer of protection that blocks UV rays and shields the paint of your vehicle from that is corrosive.
If you’re seeking to maintain your shine and security at home, you should check out Car Wash Finder the tool that is provided from Budget Direct to help you identify and analyze the next car wash near you.