If you are a budding cricket player or a hobbyist, you may want to do weight training as it will improve your physique, strength, and cricket-playing skills. Weight training, or more formally known as either strength training or resistance training, is a very important component in ensuring overall health and fitness. It is a type of physical exercise that makes use of resistance in order for the specific muscle groups to contract. It basically helps build the body’s skeletal muscles’ strength, anaerobic endurance, and size. While weight training is an integral part of many athletes who participate in sports competitions, this form of physical exercise can actually be done by just about anyone, especially those who want to reduce fat from their body and burn calories.
At the gym or at home, there are a lot of options for those who want to focus on weight training. There’s one that requires little or no use of equipment, relying heavily on body weight. This includes doing pushups, pull-ups, crunches, and squats. There’s also one that takes advantage of resistance tubing and bands in order to work the different muscle groups. Obviously, using weights, such as barbells and dumbbells, is a staple when it comes to weight training. Buying weights equipment is as easy as purchasing new gears at a cricket shop UK as they are widely available.
And when talking about results, this form of physical exercise is truly effective. According to doctors, doing 20 to 30 minutes of weight training twice or thrice a week is the most ideal in order to produce results. This is to allow for the muscles to grow and recover.
Indeed, there are numerous health and fitness benefits for using weights for fitness training, and these are the following:
- Lean muscle mass decreases as people age, and when it happens, fat accumulates further. By doing resistance training, muscle mass is enhanced and maintained, providing for the firm and well-toned arms, legs, and other body parts.
- Since lean muscle mass is increased when doing strength training, the body begins to burn more and more calories. This is why lifting barbells or dumbbells, doing pushups, pull-ups and crunches, spending time on the weight training machine or performing a combination of these routines can effectively help increase one’s metabolism, which helps in losing the pounds and controlling weight in general.
- Weight training is as varied as it can get. People have a variety of options to choose from; they can train either more or less in a week, or train within 20-30 minutes or longer. They can likewise change their training scheme (e.g. from the use of training machines to just simple crunches, pull-ups, pushups, and other related body weight exercises) and the repetitions (e.g. from 12 reps to 15-20 reps, depending on the exercise). That, of course, would depend on how capable they are in challenging themselves to do more and see results right away.
- By doing weight training, the bones are likewise strengthened and are also known to prevent osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases that could cause disabilities. More importantly, bones and muscles built even stronger can help contribute to correcting one’s posture and avoid the possibility of getting injured.
- Perhaps the most important benefit when it comes to resistance/strength/weight training is that it significantly reduces the risk of diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and other potentially life-threatening ailments. Even stress can be dealt with easily by just maintaining a smooth exercise program.
Putting in the work and the focus to be better both physically and mentally is what weight training or any other fitness training regimen of your choice is about. Consistency with the weight training routine (in other words, sticking to it through and through) and eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, can help one achieve the best results.
After learning how you can improve your strength through weight training, it is probably just time to visit a cricket shop UK to reward yourself with the newest equipment or perhaps a brand-new bat.
Thanks for this knowledgeable article you shared. Cricket has become more than just sports, it is a feeling now. Especially in India, there are millions of cricket fans who want to collect the belongings of their favorite players. Websites like Rario make this dream possible to a little extent by providing a platform where fans can collect and trade their collection digitally.