The quickest way to increase WiFi’s range and speed is to install a Linksys WiFi range extender. If the internet at your home is running slowly, carefully read this page. Let’s get the process going.
Note: You will first need to log into the Linksys WiFi repeater before beginning the configuration process.
Access The Linksys WiFi Extender
To do this method, follow the lower steps.
- Open any navigation and enter http//extender.linksys.com into the search box at the top.
- After that, log in with your Linksys account username and password.
- Check the device’s tag to make sure you entered the right router model number.
- Additionally, on the configuration page for the extension, click “Get Started.”
- Finally, carefully follow all of the Linksys extender setup instructions.
Important Conditions for Installing Linksys Repeater
- The Linksys extension device and an active power adaptor are the first two necessities.
- You cannot complete the Linksys extender login and setup process without these items.
- An Ethernet wire is also something you will require. (To attach a Linksys extender to a computer)
- As a result, there are other alternatives, such as WiFi networks.
- It might perform better in most situations.
- However, it depends on the kind of connection that works best for your circumstances.
Configuration Of Linksys Extender
You may complete the installation process fast and easily using three different approaches:
- Without the use of a computer
- Utilizing Linksys Application
- Using wireless setup
Install Your Linksys Device Without Computer
- First, connect your Linksys extender via an Ethernet wire to the router.
- Place the Linksys extender’s power plug in the outlet now and wait for it to boot up.
- Next, connect your device to the Linksys extender either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Log in to the Linksys extender as well.
- Now, enter the Linksys extender’s website address in the browser’s location box.
- On your display, the Linksys extender login form will be visible.
- Then, enter your username and password along with the other information requested on the login page.
- Now input the name of your wireless network in the network settings.
- In order to link your Linksys extension to the router, click setup last.
Link Repeater To Router Through Linksys App
The following procedures should be taken into consideration if you want to set up a Linksys extender using a Linksys application:
- Connect your Linksys extender first before powering the outlet.
- Wait until the red LED at the top of the Linksys extension turns completely green after that.
- Next, download and launch the Linksys app on your smartphone.
- Later, select Network and connection > Extender > Add Extender > Configuration Wizard from the settings menu.
- Finally, remember to follow all the installation instructions the application displays and provides.
Configure Your Extender By Wireless Setup Process
- Use the wireless setup technique listed on the Linksys extender setup page to complete the setup process.
- Enter the MAC address for your device now.
- Your Linksys extender gadget is identified by its MAC address, a distinctive number.
- On the product sticker, you can see the MAC address.
- You can then visit the Linksys extender login page by entering your username and password.
- The configuration link is thus visible on your screen. Tap on it.
- Finally, carefully follow each step in the setup instructions.
Note: If your Linksys range extender continues disconnecting after setup, try the troubleshooting advice below.
Locate Your Linksys Gadget Closer To Router
The most frequent cause of your Linksys extender disconnecting is that it is located too far from the router. In the event that your Linksys extender can connect to the router but not the WiFi signal. In order to receive a WiFi signal, we advise you to position your extender close to the host router.
The center of the home or office is the ideal position for a Linksys range extender. While doing this, we hope the problem with your extension constantly disconnecting is now resolved.
Note: Avoid placing your Linksys extender close to metal objects. Because metal blocks the wireless signal that the extension and router send out.
Change The Power Outlet
In the event that your router links to an outlet, connect your Linksys extender to a different outlet. If you have many routers at your house, you can utilize any one of them for this.
Change WiFi Channels Of Both Devices
If your Linksys extender has been set up and is still not functioning, you can check the WiFi channels. On both the router and the extension by following these simple instructions.
- Start by inputting an IP address into the web browser on any computer. Connect to your network to access the router’s settings.
- After that, navigate to the router’s WiFi settings.
- Thereafter, scroll down to the wireless channel and choose it.
- Finally, after making all the necessary changes, click “save it.”
Consequently, you will learn in-depth information about Linksys range extender gadgets with the aid of this page. If you’re still having trouble, get in touch with us and we are also help you in if you are facking issue in Linksys velop setup app!