The Rudraksha is a bead acquired from the seed of the tree with the botanical name ‘ElaeocarpusGanitrusRoxb’ or the Rudraksha tree. Rudraksha beads are popularly worn by Hindus in India and all over the world and many people from different countries and other religions have taken to wearing Rudraksha because of the sheer power of this natural bead. The Rudraksha bead is directly associated with Divine Lord Shiva. In theShiva Padma Purana, Lord Shiva said, which translated to English means – ‘A person who wears Rudraksha becomes like Me. So, a human being should try from all levels to wear Rudraksha’. This line itself shows how much the Supreme Lord favours the Rudraksha and that is visible in any image of Lord Shiva where He is seen wearing bracelets, armlets and mala(necklace). The Rudraksha is powered by Lord Shiva’s energy and posses many healing properties. It possesses blessings of Lord Shiva or Lord Rudra, including that of spirituality.
Each Rudraksha has a hard surface and vertical lines or ridge like lines, running on its surface longitudinally, which are known as ‘Mukhi’or facets/faces of the Rudraksha. These beads are categorized as per the number of Mukhi or faces that they have. The Rudrakshas generally worn are 1 to 21 Mukhi, as they are available easily. Every Rudraksha is ruled by a Hindu Deity and one of the 9 planets.
The 7 Mukhi Rudraksha or SaatMukhi Rudraksha, is one of the popular Rudraksha beads. The deity for this Rudraksha is the very revered and worshipped Goddess Mahalakshmi, one of the primary Hindu deities. The beautiful Goddess Lakshmi is considered to bless Herdevotees with wealth, prosperity, good fortune and abundance. She is also said to be the Goddess of beauty. Goddess Mahalakshmi/Lakshmi is depicted as sitting on a pristine Lotus flower and Her vehicle, the Owl, is mostly shown sitting near Her feet.
The planet that rules the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha is Venus. The planet Venus is about love, money, aesthetics, artistic quality, charm, beauty, luxury, pleasure. Venus urges to recognise our true skills and potentials and learn specially that which is passionately liked by an individual, artistic skills are promoted and such attributes
The combined effect of the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha/SaatMukhi Rudraksha, Divine Goddess Mahalakshmi and planet Venus bestows the wearer of this Rudraksha with several benefits:-
- The 7 Mukhi Rudraksha eradicates bad luck, misfortune and miseries from life.
- Attracts the energies of prosperity, money, happiness, satisfaction.
- Individuals suffering from the malefic effects of planet Venus get relief.
- The 7 Mukhi Rudraksha is apt for people who are in the profession of public administration, businessmen, servicemen, as it helps to usher in the abundant energies and more success in their profession.
- It draws new opportunities in aspects of finance and love. Luck favours in everything.
- Along with abundance the wearer gets peace of mind, relationships become harmonious
- The 7 Mukhi makes the wearer think and behave positively andit frees from sufferings.
Physical Therapeutic Benefits of 7 Mukhi Rudraksha:-
- Wearing the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha helps in controlling the digestive system. Ailments like hyperacidity and indigestion are cured.
- Ailments of the Liver, Pancreas and Adrenal Gland are healed.
- Those who are suffering from Diabetes can get relief by wearing the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha.
The 7 Mukhi Rudraksha or SaatMukhi Rudraksha is best worn on silk or wool thread. It can be capped in Silver or Gold and be worn as a pendant around the neck. It can also be encased in Silver or Gold basket and worn as a Bracelet, Armlet or a Mala with the particular bead numbers of 27+1 or 32+1 or 54+1 or 108+1 and wear it on the neck. It is advised that the Rudraksha bead touch the skin so that its vibration seeps into the body, cells of the body and give benevolent outcome.
Before wearing the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha, it need to be energized with Divine energies.
The 7 Mukhi Rudraksha should be ideally worn on Friday. After having a bath in the morning on that day, peacefully sit in front of the alter at home, bring your mind to focus and concentrate in chanting the mantra for the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha 108 times. Once that is done the 7 Mukhi Rudraksha can be worn after praying and thanking God.
The Mantra for 7 Mukhi Rudraksha-
“AUM HUM NAMAH”
“AUM MAHALAKSHMI NAMAH”